Cinnamon rolls are normally on the menu for brunch here. This weekend was to be H-O-T and cinnamon just didn’t seem the way to go. I decided on a Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake. Strawberries, in Western New York are unbelievably yummy… Just the right size, juicy and ohhhhh so sweet. This cake isn’t super sweet though. It errs more on the coffee cake spectrum in the cake world. Is there a cake world, you ask? Why yes, of course!
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2-¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cups Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 8 Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Hull and Slice 3 cups of Strawberries and dust Strawberries with 2 tbsp Flour. Set Aside.
- Combine 2 ¾ cups Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in bowl and set aside.
- Cream Butter, Sugar, Sour Cream, Vanilla and Lemon Juice in Mixer until smooth.
- Add your Eggs to the mixer and beat them till combined.
- Add Flour mixture a cup at a time while beating.
- Gently fold Strawberries and Lemon Zest into the batter with a wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Melt Butter in saucepan.
- Add 1/3 cup Lemon Juice.
- Whisk in Powdered Sugar, Salt and Lemon Zest until smooth.
- Let cool and pour over cooled cake.
- Save a little icing and dip Strawberries for the Top. Place Strawberries right on top